Bibb County Junior High School
The Bibb County Junior High School (opened January 1, 1909) was a former school located on Walnut Street in downtown Centreville. It was operated as a school until 2008 by the Bibb County Board of Education, at which point it was closed for renovations that would allow it to serve as the board's main offices.
The two-story red-brick building had tall white columns on the front. It operated for nearly 100 years before the board moved students to Centreville Middle School and began renovations. A December 16, 2008 fire, blamed on faulty wiring, broke out in the attic during renovation work and destroyed the roof structure and most of the interior.
- Taylor, Stephanie (December 17, 2008) "Bibb County landmark burns." Tuscaloosa News