Birmingham Sash & Door

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Birmingham Sash and Door Company was a manufacturer and distributor of residential doors, windows and millwork.

The company was founded as a subsidiary of St Louis, Missouri-based Huttig Building Products on July 1, 1919. J. Frank Watson was president from then until his death in January 1951. In the 1920s the firm advertised White Pine glazed sash, old growth Yellow Fir doors, and "Satin Brand Millwork" from 1000 16th Street North.

Birmingham Sash & Door later moved to 901 28th Street North. The company was acquired along with three other Huttig locations by the Troy-based Hendricks Companies in February 2005. It ceased operations and closed in the Spring of 2009.

References

  • "The Huttig Story" (1985) Chesterfield, Missouri: Huttig Sash & Door Company