Highland Avenue Baptist Hospital
Highland Avenue Baptist Hospital was the second location of the Birmingham Baptist Hospital. It was founded in 1934 with the purchase of the former Gorgas Hospital Hotel at 2236 Highland Avenue, a five-story building completed four years earlier, next door to the Seale Harris Clinic.
The Highland Avenue buildings were sold to make way for construction of Red Mountain Expressway. The hospital moved to a new, much larger campus on Montclair Road, becoming Baptist Medical Center Montclair in 1966.