- This article is about the Birmingham Zoo rhinoceros. For the laptop computers used by Birmingham City Schools, see Birmingham Schools' XO laptops.
Laptop (born December 6, 1992) is a female southern white rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum) residing at the Birmingham Zoo. She arrived at the zoo, along with her daughter, Ajabu, on November 4, 2008 from Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose, Texas. Laptop was the first white rhino born at Fossil Rim.
As part of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums' Species Survival Plan for white rhinoceroses, Laptop, Ajabu and Max were transferred together in December 2021 to join a larger herd kept at Brad Kelley's Center for the Conservation of Tropical Ungulates in Punta Gorda, Florida, where their chances for successful breeding would improve. In 2022 all three were loaned to Texas Christian University's African Rhino Protection Initiative in Colleyville, Texas.
- Cooper, Lauren B. (November 3, 2008) "Birmingham Zoo adds two rhinos." Birmingham Business Journal
- Thornton, William (November 3, 2008) "Birmingham Zoo prepares to add 2 southern white rhinos to African exhibit." The Birmingham News
- Hickerson, Patrick (May 7, 2009) "Birmingham Zoo opens its Rhino Encounter Saturday." The Birmingham News
- "Birmingham Zoo’s 3 white rhinos moved to private facility." (December 13, 2021) WBRC.com