Samford Memorial Pipe Organ
The Samford Memorial Pipe Organ, completed in 1968, is a 3,354-pipe organ donated to Southside Baptist Church by Frank P. Samford. Planning for the organ was begun in 1964 as a collaboration between organist Ted Tibbs and Walter Holtkamp, Sr and Jr of the Holtkamp Organ Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
The Holtkamp Organ, Opus #1833, replaced a smaller organ built into the church in 1911. It has three manuals and 48 stops. was dedicated on December 1, 1968 with the first of a series of special concerts that continued through 1969.
- Garrison, Greg (October 10, 2009) "A couple of classics: Southside Baptist's vintage organ at 40, organist Tibbs in 50th year at the keyboard." Birmingham News