Taylor Carriage Co. building

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Taylor Carriage Co. building is a three-story, 10,000 square-foot commercial building located at 2214 2nd Avenue North in downtown Birmingham. It was built around 1905 for the Taylor Carriage Co., on a site previously occupied by the Southern Pacific Tea Co.

By 1929 the building housed R. A. Green Furniture. In 1984 it was home to Lucas Paints. In 2004 it was purchased for $212,000 by Janice Ballard and renovated for her law offices. She moved her Ballard Law Firm into the building, and leased space to the Larkin Law Firm.

In 2019 Ballard sold the building to Hiatus Holdings, an LLC connected to architect Jay Pigford, for $1.625 million. The two law firms relocated to the Newspaper Union Building at 104 23rd Street South.

References