160th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron
The 160th Air Fighter Squadron was organized as part of the 117th Fighter Group by the Alabama Air National Guard at the Birmingham Municipal Airport in 1952. The squadron was equpped with RF-51 "Mustang" aircraft and served in the Korean War.
The squadron was officially relocated to Montgomery's Dannelly Field on January 1, 1953, but during the war was mainly based at Lawson Field in Columbus, Georgia where it reconfigured its craft from RF-51 to RF-80s, and then transitioned to the RF-84 "Thunderflash". The unit is now part of the 187th Fighter Wing, based in Montgomery.