Center for Regional Planning and Design
Sloss purchased the building from the Vann family in 2002. Cathy Sloss Jones oversaw the $3.65 million redevelopment of the building as a hub for agencies involved in design and planning. Chris Engel of Workshop 7 LLC designed the remodeling and Stone Contracting performed the work. The project was financed in part with New Market Tax Credits and a float loan from the City of Birmingham.
The property included a 59-space fenced parking lot to the west of the building.
- 130: Alabama Folk Art Gallery, Lite Box Gallery
- Alabama Partners for Clean Air
- Auburn University Center for Architecture and Urban Studies
- Birmingham Design Review Committee
- Birmingham History Center
- Cultural Alliance of Greater Birmingham
- Region 2020
- Regional Planning Commission
- Scenic Alabama
- UAB's Service Corps of Retired Executives