Central of Georgia Railway

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Central of Georgia Railway was a railroad t*hat operated in Birmingham from as early as 1903 to at least 1941.

In 1903, the railway directly connected Birmingham to Opelika, Macon and Americus, Georgia with local stops in Henry Ellen, Leeds, Vandiver, Vincent, Crosswell and Childersburg. [1]

In the 1940s Central of Georgia provided twice daily service to locales in South Georgia and Florida through its ticket office located at 104 20th Street North.[2]

  • The Floridian - departed daily at 12:35 p.m.
  • The Seminole - departed daily at 4:40 p.m.