Chace Lake Country Club
Chace Lake Country Club was a former member-owned golf and country club located on a 123-acre parcel at 1850 Montgomery Highway near the Cahaba River in Riverchase. It was founded in 1962 and closed on March 25, 2008. The last manager was Holly Kuck.
The club's 18-hole, par 71 golf course played at 6,575 yards from the blue tees. Other facilities included a swimming pool, tennis courts, a pro shop, casual grill, 125-seat dining room, locker rooms and offices.
In 2007 the club was down to 225 voting members and agreed to sell the property to Signature Homes contingent on its annexation by the city of Hoover. The annexation was completed in October and a rezoning plan was approved in January 2008. The plan for the new Chace Lake subdivision calls for 215 new single-family houses and a 35-acre public park on the river. Construction began in November 2008.
- Cason, Mike (April 2, 2008) "Chace Lake Country Club in Hoover, Alabama closes after 46 years." Birmingham News