City Equity Theatre
They staged their first production, David Mamet's American Buffalo in The Playhouse, a costume and prop co-op located at 1818 3rd Avenue North in the Theater District. The show sold out 8 consecutive performances and inspired the group to mount a follow-up: Frank McGuiness' "Someone Who'll Watch Over Me," with Will York directing.
In 2007 City Equity produced two plays by Irish writers, "The Cripple of Inishmaan" by Martin McDonagh and "Faith Healer" by Brian Friel.
- Brock, Glenny (May 25, 2006) "Sweat equity: Local theatre company goes pro with American Buffalo." Birmingham Weekly
- Morse, Pamela (August 12, 2006) "Small theater makes big impact with 'Someone'." The Birmingham News
- Brock, Glenny (July 17, 2008) "Seeing The God of Hell." Birmingham Weekly
- Harvey, Alec (January 5, 2015) "Birmingham's City Equity Theatre to merge with Actors Theatre of Alabama." The Birmingham News
- City Equity Theatre website