A two-story house was constructed at the rear of the lot around 1912, designed by David O. Whilldin as a temporary home which could be converted into a servants' quarters once the owners built a larger house in front. The main house was never built, however, and was instead subdivided by developers Parish & Byrd in 1925.
The eight 2 bedroom, 1 bath, stucco-clad Mission-style houses were designed by Mewhinney & Clark with landscaping by Fraser Nursery. They were constructed from the late 1920s to early 1930s. Space-saving features included fold-down dining and ironing boards in the kitchens.
The large house at the rear of the subdivision was itself divided into a duplex.
- Mansell, Jeff & Christy Anderson (March 11, 2003) "Country Club Historic District" National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form
- Dabney, Richard (2006) Birmingham's Highland Park. Images of America Series. Mount Pleasant, South Carolina: Arcadia Press. ISBN 9780738543437
- Robertson, Terri (June 16, 2018) "Tiny before tiny houses were cool: 8 secrets of the 1920s-30s Cliff Court Cottages in Highland Park." Bham Now