The Crow Building at 2012-2014 6th Avenue North was constructed in 1961 for the Crow Real Estate & Insurance Company. It still houses that firm, as well as the offices of Birmingham Weekly which relocated from Highland Avenue in July 2006.
The site was previously occupied by the James Arnold residence, first mentioned in city directories of 1891 when it served both as a residence and law office. The house was later operated as a boarding house by "Miss Florrie", who is likely the same person as Flora Woolwine Radford who lived there until 1937.
- Jordan, Phillip (August 3, 2006) "A new future at 2014". Birmingham Weekly.