Elyton Land Company building
Construction of the building coincided with the company's emergence into profitability after more than a decade of promoting the growth of Birmingham with ambitious manufacturing and municipal investment. The company's second president Henry Caldwell observed the emergence of Birmingham's potential as a "Magic City". The newly-opened office remained busy pricing and drafting sales receipts for properties that were often sold hours later by speculators at a sizable profit.
The Elyton Land Company building was demolished in 1952 and served as a parking lot for the John A. Hand Building until a new parking deck was built to support the renovation of the building as residences and offices for The Bank of Birmingham in 1997.