Eoline is a small community just northwest of Centreville. It was established in 1898 at the junction of the Mobile & Ohio Railroad and its Blocton Branch in Bibb County. The community was named for Eoline Octavia Russell, daughter of M&O vice president Edward Russell of Mobile.
By 1900 the small town boasted three stores, a post office, hotel, and livery stable. Its depot housed a telegraph office, coal chute, and water tank. M. Huey Deason published a weekly Eoline Messenger
A freight train derailed just north of Eoline on January 2, 1951. The Belcher Brothers established their first sawmill nearby on Bear Creek Road. After they dissolved the partnership, W. E. Belcher went on to found the W. E. Belcher Lumber Company in Centreville.
Eoline was damaged by an F3 tornado during the April 2011 tornado outbreak.
- Foscue, Virginia O. (1989) Place Names in Alabama. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press. ISBN 081730410X
- Ellison, Rhoda C. (1999) Bibb County, Alabama: The First Hundred Years Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press ISBN 9780817309879