Fairmont Foundry Company
Fairmont Foundry was started by William Leverett Powell in 1946 out of his garage. In 1952 Fairmont Foundry was incorporated and purchased the land located at 3125 35th Avenue North in North Birmingham. In 1976 Donald Lee Powell took over the business, after William Powell passed away, and ran it until 1992. In 1992, Fairmont Foundry sold its two divisions, Lawler Foundry purchased the ornamental pattern division and Pioneer Foundry took over the production fabrication division.
Some of the examples of the iron casting that came out of Fairmont Foundry can be seen at the Vulcan Park's visitor's center.