Family Reserve Insurance Co.
The Family Reserve Insurance Company (originally the W. H. Luquire Burial Association, later the Luquire Insurance Company) was a provider of burial insurance. The company was founded by William Luquire in August 1927 as an outgrowth of his Luquire Funeral Home at 1115 24th Street North. The firm soon occupied offices near the funeral home at 1121 24th Street North.
Luquire died in 1934 and his son, Russel took over until his death from a plane crash on May 30, 1937. Under the leadership of president Troy Arnold and chairman John Newsome, the firm took offices in rooms 401–412 of the Protective Life Building by 1942.
The firm dropped the Luquire name in January 1944 and, in 1945, erected a monumental limestone-clad office building on the former site of the A. W. Smith residence on the northwest corner of 20th Street and 6th Avenue North.