The Fox Theater was a former cinema which operated at 3806–3808 Edwards Street in Brighton in the 1940s and 1950s. The 20' x 100' two-story building, formerly a grocery store, was open by 1947, screening the 20th Century Fox feature "Miracle on 34th Street" that December.
The business and building were purchased in January 1950 by J. P. Corbett, who served as manager of the theater for the next year. In 1951 he sold it to W. W. Edwards, who had also acquired the Avon Theater in Lakeview and the Norwood Theater, and had begun a policy of screening "art" films, including foreign-language films like Andre Cayatte's "The Lovers of Verona". The Fox ceased advertising in the newspapers in April 1952.
- "Smith Realty Reports Business, Home Sales" (January 15, 1950) The Birmingham News, p. 28
- "Under new management, Avon to feature art films." (October 28, 1951) The Birmingham News, p. E5
- Polk's Bessemer City Directory 1951–52 Including Brighton (1951) Richmond, Virginia: R. L. Polk & Co., p. 60
- Garrett, Harry (June 21, 1956) "New quarters occupied by Brighton Legionnaires" The Birmingham News Bessemer section, p. 6