Hendon & Huckestein Architects
Hendon + Huckestein Architects, P.C. is an architecture firm which was opened in 1999 by Erik Hendon and Jim Huckestein. Its first offices were in the Brown Marx building, but the firm soon relocated to the Roden Block at 1928 2nd Avenue North, and then, in 2007, to the 9,800 square foot Engel Building at 2126 Morris Avenue.
In 2004 H+HA added an interior design department.
The firm professes a philosophy that "architecture is primarily concerned with establishing a "spirit of place" or genius loci, inspired by the uniqueness of each site and each client."
- Blue Springs Rpad Recreation Center
- Cahaba Beach Office Park, 2009
- Gardendale City Hall
- Gardendale Fire Station
- Hawkins Gymnasium
- Hollywood Elementary School
- Iron Horse Cafe
- King Acura
- Leer Tower condominium conversion
- Maclin Park
- Tutwiler Hotel renovation.
- Howlett Clubhouse, 2020
- Tomberlin, Michael (February 3, 2007) "Architects have designs on new downtown HQ." The Birmingham News
- Hendon + Huckestein Architects website