Hooper's Café

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
1940 Hoopers Cafe ad.png

Hooper's Café was a white tablecloth restaurant owned by John Carlton Hooper and located in the YWCA Building at 2300 3rd Avenue North. It moved there from 2009 3rd Avenue North sometime after 1940.

The house special was a 24-ounce hand-cut T-bone. It was served with a baked potato, salad and hot biscuits for 35 cents. Other dishes included tenderloin of trout and sweet potato pie. The all-male wait staff was dressed in tuxedos.

References