Huffman Elementary School
|Huffman Elementary School|
|District||Jefferson County (1920-1954)|
|Location||1212 Cheyenne Boulevard, (map)|
Huffman Elementary School is a former elementary school. The original school was constructed in 1920 by Jefferson County Schools as a replacement for the former Oak Grove Academy. It was absorbed into Birmingham City Schools in 1954 and served grades 1-8.
In 1958 a new school building was constructed in the Winnetka Estates subdivision of the Huffman neighborhood. The design, by architects Greer, Holmquist & Chambers, drew from the round design of nearby Huffman High School, and also incorporated the oversize "team teaching" classrooms pioneered at nearby T. R. Wright Elementary School.
- Albert Morton, 1966–1967