Mount Lebanon Baptist Church
The congregation was founded in 1942 and erected a small brick church building at 101 40th Street South in 1943. The structure was rebuilt in 1965. That building was destroyed by a fire on the morning of May 26, 2005. The church rented meeting space for three years in the First Baptist Church of Woodlawn's gymnasium, then moved into an office building until finding its current property in 2010.
The former Avondale Presbyterian Church building, constructed in 1955 and closed in 2009, was purchased from the Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley for $300,000. Its sanctuary accommodates 200 worshippers.
- Garrison, Greg (December 5, 2010) "Mount Lebanon Baptist Church back in Avondale after fire." Birmingham News