Park South Plaza

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Park South Plaza is a V-shaped, two-story, 105,626-square-foot shopping center located at 1425 Montgomery Highway in Vestavia Hills, across from the Massey Road intersection. The upper level businesses face the highway from inside the V, while the lower level ones are accessed from the outside of the V, away from the highway.

Park South Plaza was built in the 1970s by the DeMarco family and purchased by the Barber Companies, which still owns and manages it, in 1977. The center had a major renovation in the mid-1980s. The next renovation wasn't until 2003, at which time the facade was replaced, the bays reconfigured to make them smaller, a new lighting scheme implemented, and the sidewalks and parking lot surface replaced. The 2003 renovation was designed by Harris & Associates with Sherrod Building Company as the contractor and cost $2.9 million.

Park South was originally anchored by Cobb Vestavia inside the point of the V. The space was later converted to the Pitcher Show. Today, the center is anchored by Pier 1 Imports, which was the chain's first store in the Birmingham District, and the Diplomat Deli, at opposite ends of the V.

Tenants

Lower level

Main level

References

External links

Locate with
Google Maps