W. G. Patterson Cigar Company
The W. G. Patterson Cigar Company was a wholesaler and retailer of cigars, including the "La Palina" brand manufactured by Sam Paley's Congress Cigar Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Its main offices were located at 2231 1st Avenue North.
The company operated a number of cigar stands around the downtown area in the 1920s.
- No. 1: Corner of 2nd Avenue North and 20th Street
- No. 2: Corner of 3rd Avenue North and 21st Street
- No. 4: Corner of 4th Avenue North and 20th Street
- No. 5: Hillman Hotel
- No. 6: Corner of 1st Avenue North and 21st Street
- No. 7: 2213 1st Avenue North
- No. 8: Corner of Dauphin & Royal Streets in Mobile
- No. 9: Greene Drug Co., Empire Building
- No. 10: Corner of 3rd Avenue North and 19th Street
- No. 11: Sellers Drug Co., corner of 4th Avenue North and 20th Street.
- "Patterson American Light Lunches" lunch stands: