Robert R. Moton Community Center
The building was constructed in 1948 as Jefferson County School System's Moton High School, serving African-American students from Leeds, Trussville, Irondale, Rose Hill and Overton. The school was named for Robert Moton, the second president of Tuskegee Institute. It was converted into Leeds Middle School, which was purchased by the Leeds School System in 2003. The school operated there until moving to a new building in 2009.
Alumni from Moton High School led efforts to preserve the building and renovate it for community activities. The Moton Community Center was opened in May 2012. Currently, the center offers a summer camp, tutoring and mentor programs, Right Stuff Ministries' Boys and Girls clubs and meeting space for the True Word of God Apostolic Ministry Church.
- Coman, Victoria L. (May 29, 2012) "Community center gives new life to old Leeds, Alabama school." The Birmingham News