St Anthony's Church
St Anthony of Padua Catholic Church (commonly St Anthony's Church) is a former Catholic church in Ensley. The parish was founded by a group of families worshipping in a frame building on 17th Street in 1889. Soon the growing church moved to a new parcel on Avenue H between 21st and 22nd Streets. The new building was completed in August 1901 and Father Thomas Kennedy was appointed its pastor.
In the 1920s an illuminated cross was added to the church's steeple. A new church building was completed in 1955.
- Thomas Kennedy, 1901-1906
- Robert McQuillen, 1906-1915
- Malachy Kitrick, 1920-1927
- Timothy Pathe, -1938
- Edwin Bobe, 1953-
- John Colreavy, August 31, 1962-April 1968
- J. Peter Sheehan, April 1968-1971
- John McGonegle, 1971-July 1, 1982
- John Igoe, July 1, 1982-