State Farm Mutual building
- This article is about the 1954 building on 18th Street South. For the 1946 building on 4th Avenue North, see State Farm Mutual building (1946).
The State Farm Mutual building is an office building constructed in 1954 for State Farm Mutual Insurance Company's regional office at 2100 18th Street South near the entrance to Vulcan Park. The 60,000 square foot development was the product of efforts by the Committee of 100 to recruit the company to locate an office in Birmingham. During planning the firm twice increased the scale of the project, which would house 350 employees.
The building was designed in a Colonial Revival style with extensive landscaped grounds. The offices featured "color dynamics" and piped-in music for workers.
The building was later sold to the Jefferson County School System for its administrative offices.