TJ's on Fourth

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

TJ's on Fourth (formerly T. J.'s BBQ) is a barbecue restaurant located at 1801 4th Avenue South, facing 18th Street South at the corner.

The restaurant originally opened in 1969 at 3608 5th Avenue South. It was purchased in 2001 by Robert Isbell. After about ten years, Isbell made the move to relocate to the UAB area, and took on Michael DeMarco as a business partner. The new location opened on July 25, 2011.

TJ's is known for its smoked chicken as well as for pork and beef barbecue sandwiches and baked potatoes.

References

  • Carlton, Bob (July 25, 2011) "TJ's Barbeque relocates to UAB area after 42 years in Avondale, changes name to TJ's on Fourth." The Birmingham News