Trussville Utilities is a public utility supplying drinking water to 10,100 customers in Trussville, and natural gas to 19,900 in Trussville and the surrounding vicinity. The system's water comes from the Cahaba River Basin from both the river itself and seven groundwater wells. The water system has thirteen tanks with a total capacity of 14,850,000 gallons and a single clear well with a capacity of 3,000,000 gallons.
Trussville Utilities has its origins dating to the Great Depression. In 1936 the beginning of Trussville’s utility system was constructed with WPA funds as the initial well and water tank were constructed. By 1938 both the waterworks and sewage disposal plant were established. It was in 1947, the town of Trussville took control of the utilities.
By 1960, the utility had grown to serve over 7,400 gas customers and 4,500 water customers in both Trussville and Center Point. Continued growth in the community during the 1980s and 1990s resulted in the need for a new, state-of-the-art water filtration plant to be constructed. This new facility opened in 2000 at the intersection of Trussville-Clay Road and Green Drive.
- Gordon Flynn, chairman
- David Nicodemus, vice-chairman
- Leland Dockery, director
- Hugh Jones, director
- Don Evans, director
The board holds public meetings monthly.
- Trussville Utilities History, accessed September 29, 2006 
- Trussville Utilities website