UAB Educational Foundation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The UAB Educational Foundation is purposed with providing support for the University of Alabama at Birmingham in its scientific and educational mission. It was established in 1965 with a 501(c)(3) designation.
- The UAB Educational Foundation was created in August 1965, as The University of Alabama Medical Foundation.
- In 1974, its name was changed to The University of Alabama in Birmingham Medical and Educational Foundation.
- In 1991, the name was changed to The UAB Educational Foundation.
- Administers discretionary support funds
- Acquires real estate for use by UAB, including a variety of property types such as the Medical Towers Building, 4th Avenue Parking Deck, and the Pita Stop building , among others
- Manages the vending contract for both the University and the Hospital
- Provides support for the Development office, including the administration of the Charitable Gift Annuity Program
- Provides general operational flexibility for the benefit of the University
- UAB Educational Foundation website