Wilson grew up in Winston County before graduating from the University of Alabama in 1992 with a bachelor's degree in English. He began his education career teaching English and history and coaching at Homewood High from 1996 to 1999. He earned his Master's in Education from Samford University in 2000.
Wilson went on to become assistant principal of Homewood Middle School. In 2002, he became assistant principal at Mountain Brook High School, serving in that role for four years and also earning his Education Specialist degree in Educational Leadership from the University of Montevallo in 2004. He later earned his doctorate in education from Samford. Wilson then became principal at Homewood High School in 2006. After two years at Homewood High, Wilson returned to Mountain Brook High as principal. He stayed there for five years, at which time he took the job of superintendent of Hartselle City Schools in Morgan County.
Wilson and his wife, Felicia, have three children: Dailey, Emma, and Paul.
Dyer Carlisle III
|Homewood High Principal
|Mountain Brook High Principal
- "Homewood High gets new principal: Mtn. Brook High's Wilson switches jobs." (May 24, 2006) Birmingham News
- "HHS New Faces." (September 2006) The Open Line: Official Newsletter of Homewood High School.
- Waldrop, Audrey (April 23, 2008) "'I want to see (students) live their dreams.'" Birmingham News
- "Board Appoints Vic Wilson Principal of Mountain Brook High School." (May 2008). The Reporter (published by Mountain Brook Schools)
- Kazek, Kelly. (June 18, 2013). "Board votes to hire Vic Wilson, principal at Mountain Brook High, as Hartselle's next schools superintendent." The Huntsville Times.
- Kazek, Kelly. (July 6, 2013). "Athens, Hartselle school systems approve contracts for new superintendents." The Huntsville Times.