William Given residence
The William Given residence is a two-story Georgian house located at 4312 Glenwood Avenue in Forest Park. It was constructed in 1919 for William Given, vice president of the Young & Vann Supply Company.
Sited high above the street, the house is accessed from a long stone-lined path with several flights of steps, or from the alleyway behind. Originally a compact frame structure, the house was expanded and re-clad in brick by architect Hugh Martin in the 1930s. A separate structure houses a multi-car garage and servant's quarters.
Given died in 1950. The house was featured on a tour of Forest Park's historic homes in 1977. In July 2007 the Jefferson County Board of Equalization and Adjustments valued the property at $645,000.
- Browne, Catherine Greene (1992) The History of Forest Park. Birmingham: Cather Publishing Company