Arlington Business Center
The Arlington Business Center is a four building office complex occupying the block between 4th and 5th Avenues South between 15th and 16th Streets. The 44,212 square foot complex was constructed by Brasfield & Gorrie between 1983 and 1984. The property was developed by Bill Watts, Jr and Bill Watts III and is managed by Watts Realty. The first occupants included UAB and Watts Realty, of which the latter relocated from the Brown Marx Building. A 2008 refurbishing involved cleaning and repainting the stucco exterior, installation of a new roof and re-coating/striping of the parking lots.
Of interesting note, the property was formerly a strip coal mine and row housing development prior to redevelopment into the Arlington Business Center. Part of the railroad track servicing the former use of the property still remains in the right-of-way near the corner of 15th Street and 5th Avenue South.
4th Avenue South
- 1501: Children's of Alabama
- 1503: Amelia Center, part of Children's of Alabama
- 1507: MDSI Physician Group
- 1509: Federal Employee Credit Union
- 1513: Amelia Center, part of Children's of Alabama
- 1517: Birmingham Dermatology Center
- 1521: Care Plus/CVS Pharmacy
- 1523: Jefferson Clinic