Carpenter House

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Carpenter House is the home of the offices of the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama, located at 513 20th Street North next door to the Cathedral Church of the Advent. The two-story limestone-clad building was designed by Jack Smith and constructed in 1950. It is named in honor of Charles Carpenter, the 6th Episcopal Bishop of Alabama.

The Stough Cross, made by sculptor Cordray Parker in 2006, decorates the Bishop's Chapel in Carpenter House

External links