Chris's Place

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Chris's Place or Chris' Place Café was a restaurant, open day and night at two locations in 1909: 1926 1st Avenue North next to the Empire Building, and 406 26th Street North near Birmingham Terminal Station. Chris C. Colias was the proprietor.

In 1923 the restaurant still reportedly had "sewed up" the cafe business in its downtown area, but was facing competition from a newly relocated Venable's Cafe. Colias was still operating in 1926.

References