Edwards Chevrolet is a Chevrolet dealer with two locations in Birmingham. In addition to new Chevrolet vehicles, the dealership sells certified pre-owned Chevrolet, Buick and GMC cars and trucks.
The firm was founded as the Edwards Motor Company at 210 21st Street South downtown in 1916 by Gadsden native Sterling Edwards Jr. In the early years, the company was responsible for final assembly, taking delivery of frames and bodies separately by rail.
In February 1928 the dealership relocated to the new Edwards Motor Building at 1531 3rd Avenue North. The company survived the depression and World War II shortages by focusing on its repair service, which operated around the clock.
The company's main showroom remains in business downtown at 1400 3rd Avenue North. A second location, formerly operating as Edwards Chevrolet East at 5600 Oporto Madrid Boulevard moved to U.S. Highway 280 across from The Village at Lee Branch in 2007. The current manager for both locations is Lee Edwards, Leon's son.
- "$4,000,000 Bond Issue, $287,000 Paving Awards, 5-Story Kamram Project and Other Birmingham Construction." (March 10, 1928) The Dixie Manufacturer, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 21–22
- "Edwards Chevrolet Company." (January 2007) Birmingham Then & Now Special Promotion. Birmingham Magazine. Vol. 47, No. 1, p. 136
- Sawyers, Arlena (October 31, 2011) "Early dealers did final assembly" Automotive News
- Williams, Roy L. (November 9, 2011) "Edwards Chevrolet in Birmingham nearly as old as the automaker itself." The Birmingham News
- Edwards Chevrolet website