Hillman Station

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Hillman Station is a community in western Birmingham which name was derived from Hillman, a stop on the Birmingham to Bessemer #1, South Bessemer streetcar. During the 1800 and 1900 era when iron ore was being mined by Tennessee Coal and Iron Company (TCI), Hillman Station was a major stop on the main Birmingham to South Bessemer streetcar line. The mining community of TCI #8 mining camp was accessable from Hillman Station.