Lipscomb City Council
The Lipscomb City Council is the 6-member elected body governing the city of Lipscomb.
At one point during 2008, three members of the Council had either left office or were unable to attend meetings, leaving the body short of a quorum to conduct business.
- District 1: Lillie Kennedy ran unopposed in the 2008 election.
- District 2: Benny Ragland, the incumbent, ran unopposed.
- District 3: Tonja Baldwin ran unopposed.
- District 4: Brenda Renz ran unopposed.
- District 5: Geraldine Hotzel (44 votes) defeated Frederick Newell (35 votes) and Melinda Richburg (14 votes)
- District _: David Horn, sentenced to 6 months at Gardendale City Jail in November 2007 for failure to appear.
- District 2: Benny Ragland
- District 3: vacant: Gaston Randle, the former Mayor Pro Tem, was indicted on felony charges and resigned in January 2008 citing poor health.
- District 4: Brenda Renz (appointed March 18, 2008 by Governor Bob Riley). Melanie Bouyer was previously appointed by the Council to fill unexpired term of Deborah Miller, but later resigned because she doesn't live in the district.
- District _: Willie Jones
- Nance, Rahkia (January 25, 2008) "Lipscomb councilman exits, leaving government unable to function." Birmingham News
- Nance, Rahkia (December 4, 2007) "Lipscomb City Council fills District 4 vacancy". Birmingham News
- Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham (2007) 2007 Directory of Local Government Officials.