Lyric Hot Dogs
Lyric Hot Dogs & Grill, sometimes known as Lyric Hot Dogs & Burgers, is a restaurant specializing in hot dogs, hamburgers, salads, gyros, and sandwiches located at 1808 3rd Avenue North in the Lyric Theatre building. The owner is Andrew J. Collins.
Lyric Hot Dogs was founded in 1957 by the Collins family. Andrew Collins and his wife, Cathy, began operating it in 1995. Since Cathy's death in September 2007, Andrew has continued operating it solo.
The restaurant is open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturdays, serving breakfast, lunch, and early dinner. The restaurant's specialty hot dog has a base of mustard and pickles covered with onions and chili.
- Operation New Birmingham - Dining (n.d.). Operation New Birmingham. Accessed October 12, 2007.
- Downtown Business Association - Lyric Hot Dogs & Grill (October 9, 2007). Downtown Business Association. Accessed October 12, 2007.
- "Lunch bunch: Lyric Hot Dog and Grill" (October 12, 2007). The Birmingham News.
- Gray, Jeremy (October 28, 2007). "She found happiness wherever she was." The Birmingham News.
 External link
- "Hot-Dogopolis" short documentary film by the Southern Foodways Alliance