M. W. Steele

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

M. W. Steele was an architect and construction superintendent who had offices above Laird's Hardware at 2116 2nd Avenue North in May 1884, and in the Roden Block by the end of that year.

Steele was a founding trustee of 3rd Presbyterian Church. He and his brother Robert, a machinist for the L. & N. Railroad, shared a house at 403 20th Street South.

In 1882 Steele supervised construction of Huntsville's first public school at the former site of the Green Academy.