Mineral Springs Park
The park may have been the first meeting place of the Country Club of Birmingham before they were established at North Birmingham Park in 1898. It became the property of the city of Birmingham upon the annexation of North Birmingham and several other suburbs in 1910.
The park land was dedicated by the city of Birmingham in 1924. In 1926 Mineral Springs Park was converted into the North Birmingham Golf Course, a public links. The golf course was part of a land swap with the Birmingham Board of Education, which later built Carver High School on the property. Structural problems at the school have been blamed unofficially on rumored abandoned mines under the site.
- "Industrial Activities for August" (September 1926) Birmingham magazine. Vol. II, No. 9, p. 11 - accessed via Birmingham Public Library Digital Collections
- Reynolds, Ed (July 31, 2003) "City Hall" column. Black & White
- Weeks, J. D. (2008) "Summary of North Birmingham History." - accessed April 6, 2009