Muzik & More
Muzik & More (formerly Music-N-More) is a record store founded by Aquil Abdur-Rasheed and his wife, Hafeeza in 1992. They first operated at a booth in the Bessemer Flea Market before expanding to three locations: one at the Midfield Plaza shopping center in Midfield, one at the Heritage Towne Centre in Woodland Park, and one at 2247 Bessemer Road in Five Points West.
With the redevelopment of Fair Park underway, Abdur-Rasheed reopened the Five Points West location in July 2009, adopting the new name. In January 2011 the store moved to the Crown Plaza Shopping Center at 1401 3rd Avenue West. The shopping center's roof was blown off during the April 27 tornado, and Abdur-Rasheed lost an estimated $10,000 worth of clothing and merchandise.
- Abrams, Vivi & Victoria L. Coman (April 1, 2004) "Music store owner killed." The Birmingham News
- Williams, Roy L. (August 5, 2010) "Son re-opens Birmingham music store founded by his slain dad." The Birmingham News
- "Local music store brings the beats back to the heart of Birmingham." (August 6, 2010) Urbanham.com
- Piper, Ben (December 27, 2010) "Muzik & More relocating from Five Points West." Birmingham Business Journal
- Williams, Roy L. (May 15, 2011) "Rebuilding: Small businesses bore the brunt of the April 27 tornadoes, with some dealing with buildings destroyed, customer traffic disrupted and employees picking up back home." The Birmingham News
- Muzik & More on Facebook.com