Revolutionary War Veterans Memorial

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
The Revolutionary War Veterans Memorial in April 2011. Photo by Cougar_6 (link)

The Revolutionary War Veterans Memorial is a large granite boulder bearing a bronze plaque commissioned in 1912 by the General Sumter Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution to honor veterans of the American Revolution who settled in Jefferson County. The boulder, originally displayed at Five Points South, was moved to Woodrow Wilson Park in 1937.

The plaque names James Boyd, John Brown, John Buford, John Click, Thomas Goode, Goldsmith W. Hewitt, Michael McCarthy, John McDonald, Leonard Miller, Hugh Morrow, Hugh Pierce, William Pullen, R. S. Shepherd, William Speer, Nicholas Starnes, and James Tarrant.