The Alabama Warriors are a minor-league football team based in Birmingham. The team is a member of the Premier South Football League, formerly the Premier Football League. The team's home games are played at Lawson Field off Oporto-Madrid Boulevard. Lee Ellison is team owner and head coach.
In 2010, the rival Central Alabama Devil Dawgs were formed, with Warriors center Jesse Reed as the head coach and part owner, and Pelkey as the assistant head coach and offensive coordinator. Several Warrior players left the team and moved to the Devil Dawgs roster. The Warriors, in turn, picked up several players from the Wildfire after its league folded.
The Warriors record was 9-2-1. They were Pioneer Division Champions in the PFL and hosted a first round playoff game on August 29. They visited second seed Pensacola in the second round and lost. Had they won, they would have played in the PFL championship game. Pensacola went on to defeat the undefeated top seed Satsuma Sharks in PFL Bowl II.
- May 31 exhibition: Warriors 20 - Henry County Horsemen 17 (United Southern Football League) at Warrior Stadium
- June 6: Panhandle Crusaders 19 - Warriors 13 (at Escambia County, Florida)
- June 13: Warriors 49 - South Alabama Seminoles 0 (at Warrior)
- June 27: Warriors 24 - Gulf Coast Pirates 6 (at Warrior)
- July 11: Warriors 50 - South Alabama Seminoles 12 (at Montgomery, Alabama)
- July 18: Warriors 16 - Memphis Panthers 16 (at Memphis, Tennessee)
- July 25: Warriors 62 - Crestview Thunderbirds 6 (at Warrior)
- August 1: Warriors 37 - Panhandle Crusaders 7 (at Warrior)
- August 8: Warriors 38 - Memphis Panthers 20 (at Warrior)
- August 15: Warriors 21 - New Orleans Flames 0 (forfeit win)
- August 22: Warriors 27 - South Alabama Seminoles 0 (at Warrior)
- August 29: Playoffs, First Round: Warriors 42 - Northwest Florida Falcons 20 (at Mortimer Jordan High School in Morris)
- September 5: Playoffs, Second Round: Pensacola Wolfpac 47 - Warriors 26 (at Pensacola, Florida)
- Carter, Robert (January 25, 2011) "Minor league football: Warriors, Devil Dawgs moving out of local area." North Jefferson News
- Premier South Football League website