Avondale Mills Shopping Center
- This article is about the shopping center, for the former textile mill, see Avondale Mill. For the former workers' village, see Avondale Mill Village.
Avondale Mills Shopping Center (formerly Avonwood Plaza) is a shopping center on the 4400 block of 4th Avenue South in East Avondale. The building has a partial lower floor on the back end facing the intersection of 44th Street and 3rd Avenue South. A Birmingham Police Department substation was once located in that space.
In 2016 the center was purchased for $700,000 Cahaba Realty and Management, which includes Payne Baker and Blake Millican, and which previously purchased and redeveloped the Shoppes of Crestwood. They announced that new tenants coming to the center would include Sheppard's Pet Supply and City Vision.
4th Avenue South
- 4410A: Sheppard's Pet Supply (2016-), former location of Diva Beauty Supply/Imperial Hair & Beauty Supply
- 4410B: Sanctum Tattoos & Comics (November 2016-)
- 4412: Beacon Yoga (January 2019-), former location of Budgetline Cash Advance
- 4414: Ore Mercantile (2019-), former location of Mountain High Outfitters (2017-2019)
- 4418-4424: former location of Family Dollar #3709 (closed December 2018)
- 4426: Tropicaleo (October 2017-), former location of Jocks Barber & Style Shop
- 4411: Mom's Basement
- Chambers, Jesse (June 15, 2016) "New owners set to transform Avondale strip mall." Iron City Ink
- Edgemon, Erin (October 23, 2018) "Retail up next for Birmingham’s Avondale." The Birmingham News