Birmingham Fire Station No. 6
Birmingham Fire Station No. 6, located at 317 15th Street North, is home to the Birmingham Fire and Rescue Service's Fire Inspection Division, Public Education, and the Community Paramedicine Division known as CARES.
The original station, constructed in 1905 at 1501 3rd Avenue North, is the oldest Birmingham fire station still standing. designed as a 2 bay 2story station it has been center of much of the departments history with an original name of "The Greenley Station". From 1983 to 2020 it was the home of the Firehouse Shelter, an emergency homeless shelter.
After moving to the current station Fire dispatch was moved up stairs until the late 2000's when it was moved to central dispatching location for the city.
- Engine 6
- Rescue 6
- Battalion 2
- Birmingham Fire Station No. 6 at Birmingham Retired Firefighters of Local 117 website
- Satterfield, Carolyn Green (1976) "Historic Sites of Jefferson County, Alabama" Jefferson County Historical Commission