City Heights Hoover
City Heights Hoover, formerly Alpine Village Apartments, is a 160-unit apartment community located at 2071 Alpine Village, off Lorna Road in Hoover. The complex was constructed in 1975 and offers a fitness center, swimming pool, barbecue grill and laundry facility.
In November 2015 a woman was killed by her son in a domestic dispute at their home at Alpine Village Apartments.
In 2018 the recently-renovated property was sold to FM Capital of Hollywood, Florida.
In March 2022 a brush fire at the complex caused external damage to several units and temporarily displaced 26 households.
In April 2022 SB Pacific Group of Berkeley, California sold the complex to a joint venture headed by 3MC Partners of Nashville, Tennessee for $15.37 million. The new owners planned to carry out upgrades to apartment interiors as well as to common areas and tenant amenities.
- Smith, Jordan (November 9, 2015) "Son charged in mother's shooting death at Alpine Village Apartments." WBRC.com
- Godwin, Brent (August 29, 2018) "Four local apartment buildings sold to multiple investors." Birmingham Business Journal
- Robinson, Carol (March 30, 2022) "Brush fire driven by strong winds displaces residents of 26 units at Hoover apartment complex." The Birmingham News
- Parker, Illyshia (May 10, 2022) "Joint venture group acquires Hoover apartment community for $15M." Birmingham Business Journal
- City Heights Hoover website