Ensley First United Methodist Church
The church started as a mission of Martin Memorial Methodist Church in Wylam in 1896. W. E. Morris served as pastor and the congregation met in a small frame building. A new light-gray brick Romanesque-Revival style building was erected in 1913, accommodating a membership of more than 900 people. A brick education building was constructed next to the church in 1927.
Ensley First United Methodist Church hosted the North Alabama Methodist Conference in 1923, 1933 and 1941. After World War II membership declined. By the 1980s average attendance had fallen to just over 100 people, most of them elderly.
The building now houses the Soul's Harbor Deliverance Center.