The Eugene Brown residence was a large mansion constructed for real estate executive Eugene Brown in 1902, on the southwest corner of Highland Avenue and 29th Street South in Highland Park. The house featured a massive wood stairway lit by large beveled-glass windows.
The Browns sold the house to Frank Spain in 1923. While there, Mrs Spain hosted as many as 800 people at a tea, with truckloads of flowers sent by her uncle, George B. Ward, from his Vestavia estate.
After the Spains moved to Mountain Brook in 1929 the house was divided into apartments. It was demolished in 1961