First Baptist Church of Mount Olive
The church was first organized in 1883 as a Union Church. Land was purchased from the L&N Railroad for $3.00 and a log building was constructed in 1893. A new auditorium, offices and classrooms were constructed in 1989. Additional classrooms and a family life center were added in 2003.
- Martin, Wayne (April 23, 2008) "Mount Olive First Baptist Church to celebrate 125 years." Birmingham News